3 Days Nyungwe Double Chimpanzee Trekking Tour
3 Days Nyungwe Double Chimpanzee Trekking Tour is one of the top Rwanda Primates tours whereby a traveler gets a chance to trek chimps twice.
Highlights of the 3 Days Nyungwe Double Chimpanzee Trekking Tour
- Day 1: Transfer to Nyungwe Forest National Park and canopy walk
- Day 2: Chimpanzee Trekking
- Day 3: Second chimpanzee trek and transfer to Kigali
Day 1: Transfer to Nyungwe Forest National Park and canopy walk.
- Transfer to Nyungwe: On arrival into Kigali Rwanda or after your breakfast at your hotel, you will meet your driver-guide as early as 8 am who will give you a brief you about your 3 days double chimp trek. You will set out on this 5-hour drive from Kigali to Nyungwe with museum visits enroute. You may visit the king’s palace in Nyanza, the national museum of Rwanda in Butare and have lunch. Continue southwards so as to make it in time for your canopy walk in the afternoon.
- Canopy Walk: Arrive in Nyungwe forest national park and set out straight for the 50 metres long canopy walk. The Nyungwe canopy walkway is hung up in the trees and this walk gives you a chance to appreciate the forest from an above view which you could call the bird’s eye view. You may also see the primates and birds of the forest from this view. Connect to your accommodation before nightfall. Dinner and overnight would be at the accommodation of your choice.
Day 2: Chimpanzee Trekking
- Chimpanzee Trekking: This is a long-awaited day for the chimp trekkers as you are expected to be up by 4 am to set out to look for the chimpanzees of Nyungwe forest. They are early raisers so to be able to enjoy them, you would have to be up early. Get a briefing from the briefing points of the park and head into the forest. Chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe takes about 3 hours to find these charming animals then spend an hour in their presence. Chimps are more active and playful than gorillas so you may not be able to take as clear photos so just enjoy the moment.
- Village Tour: Connect back to your accommodation for lunch and spend the evening at leisure. You may have a village tour in the evening if you are feeling energetic or remain back in anticipation for the next day. Dinner and overnight as night before.
Day 3: Second chimpanzee trek and transfer to Kigali.
- Chimpanzee Trekking & Departure: You will be served an early breakfast and get back to the park just like the day before. Briefing first as it is done before any trek then starts off the second chimpanzee trek. Spend the allotted hour with the chimpanzees and set back to your accommodation to refresh and connect to Kigali for drop off at the airport or hotel as you will advise your driver-guide.
End of the 3 Days Nyungwe Double Chimpanzee Trekking Tour