3 Days Rwanda Cultural tour
3 Days Rwanda Cultural tour is a brief tour of the west side of Rwanda that is richest in the cultural aspect and depicts the life of the Rwandan people. This tour gives you the chance to visit the Musanze Caves famously known for the volcanic evidence in the area. Also, visit the famous Iby’iwachu Cultural centre where you get to experience the cultural dances and see the way the ancient Rwandan people survived. You also visit the Twin lakes Burera and Ruhondo.
Highlights of the 3 Days Rwanda Cultural tour
- Day 1: Pick up from Kigali and Transfer to Ruhengeri
- Day 2: Musanze caves Visit and cultural visit
- Day 3: Twin lakes visit and back to Kigali
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Pick up from Kigali and Transfer to Ruhengeri
- Transfer to Ruhengeri: You will be met by your driver-guide and the agreed time for your transfer to the Volcanoes national park. You will have enroute visit to the Dian Fossey Fund Museum that depicts the Volcanic mountains and also has a photographic and 3D view of the volcanoes park including the home of Dian Fossey. You will have lunch in Musanze and continue to the park to check in to your accommodation in time for dinner and night stay at Gorilla Mountain View lodge.
Day 2: Musanze caves Visit and cultural visit
- Musanze caves Visit: In the morning after you exquisite breakfast at the hotel, you will meet up with your driver-guide to drive to the Musanze caves for a visit. The Musanze caves are found in Volcanoes National Park. You will take on this tour for about 3 hours with a ranger guide who will provide all the information about the historical site and gladly respond to all your queries.
- Cultural visit: Drive back to your accommodation for lunch and rest. Later in the evening, you will connect to go visit the Iby’iwachu cultural centre and get to experience the cultural dances and see the way the ancient Rwandan people survived, how they cooked their food and the daily way of living. Leave and connect back to your accommodation before it gets dark in time for dinner and the second night at the hotel as the night before.
Day 3: Twin lakes visit and back to Kigali
- Twin lakes visit: This is another eventful day that will start with breakfast at your hotel then connect to visit the Twin lakes of Rwanda commonly known as Burera and Ruhondo. Burera and Ruhondo are part of the Volcanoes National park attractions but are located near the Cyanika border of Uganda and Rwanda which are the outskirts of Musanze town. The twin lakes are famous for their breathtaking scenery with the deep blue waters and 1km land separation.
- Departures: Connect back to Musanze for lunch and after drive further to Kigali for drop off at your hotel or the Kigali International Airport as you would have advised your driver-guide.
End of trip.
- Musanze Caves Visit
- Cultural village visit
- Twin lakes visit
- 4×4 safari vehicle and fuel
- Full-time English speaking driver-guide
- Accommodation as described in the itinerary above
- Bottled water
- International flights
- Personal requirements like laundry, tips, alcoholic beverages, phone service.