5 Days Best Rwanda Primates Safari
5 Days Best Rwanda Primates Safari is a must book if you are interested in visiting most of the primate life that Rwanda has to offer in the 3 national parks of the country. Spend an engaging 5 days in the land of a thousand hills and leave refreshed with the whole picture of the country as you will visit the primate national parks of Rwanda on the wheels. This is a perfect plan for primate lovers.
Trip Highlights of the 5 Days Best Rwanda Primates Safari
- Cultural tours
- Mountain gorilla trek
- Chimpanzees in Nyungwe
- 9m high canopy bridge in Nyungwe forest
Day 1: Kigali to Volcanoes NP and evening cultural tour
- Road transfer from Akagera to Volcanoes NP: The 1st day of this safari will be spent on the road. The road transfer from Kigali to Volcanoes National Park is about 4 to 5 hours. You will have a stopover in Kigali for a complimentary city tour and head further to Musanze the home of the world’s endangered mountain gorillas.
- Iby’iwachu cultural center: The Iby’iwachu cultural centre gives the foreign visitors a feel of the Rwandan culture in terms of food, dressing, norms and lifestyle of the ancient people before modernization. After the experiential tour is done, connect to your accommodation for check in and dinner. Retire from the day and wait for the big day tomorrow.
Day 2: Mountain gorilla trek in Volcanoes NP
- Trekking mountain gorillas in Rwanda: One of the highlights of the tour is here. Wake up to an early breakfast in the misty forest of Volcanoes National Park. Drive to the park headquarters for the pre trek briefing and allocation of gorilla family to trek. Meet your porters and ranger guides and set out for your 2 to 8 hour mountain gorilla search. Once you find the gorillas, you are allowed 1 hour with the gentle giants. Stud them from a 6 meters standard distance as they carry out their daily activities. Connect back to your hotel for a late lunch and spend the rest of the afternoon relaxing as you view the hills as a backdrop from your hotel. Dinner will be served and you will retire back to your hotel room as the night before.
Day 3: Transfer to Nyungwe forest National Pak via Kibuye
- 6 to 7-hour road trip: Wake up to a sumptuous breakfast and check out of your hotel with your packed bags ready to connect to the south side of Rwanda. You will drive south via Kibuye where you will have a stopover for lunch and to stretch abit and continue to enter the Nyungwe forest later in the evening. You will reach your hotel a few minutes later and be welcomed with a hot towel and welcome drink. Settle in and connect back to the dining area for your first dinner in Nyungwe. Retire early to be up and fit for the next day.
Day 4: Morning Chimpanzee trek and afternoon canopy walk
- Chimpanzee trek in Nyungwe: This is another big day with a lot to expect and experience. You will start this day as early as 6 am with a briefing at the park headquarters and enter the forest in search of these playful creatures whose sounds you will hear from the moment you enter the forest. You will see the chimpanzees swing from branch to branch before you exit the forest for your packed lunch.
- Afternoon canopy walk: Be at the park headquarters by 2 am to join the team going for the canopy walk in Nyungwe forest. This canopy bridge is a 2 meters long and 9 meters high suspended bridge that gives you the bird’s eye view of the forest. Drive back to your hotel for your last dinner and overnight on the safari.
Day 5: Drive back to Kigali
- 5-hour drive to Kigali: The final day of a safari surely hits different. Memories, fatigue and all types of emotions fighting for recognition. You and you driver-guide will set out of the Nyungwe forest headed back north to the Kigali city with a stopover in Butare for lunch. If you have time, you will visit the Butare museum and kings palace shortly before connecting to Kigali for drop off.
End of the 5 Days Best Rwanda Primates Safari
- Full-time English/ French speaking guide
- Fueled safari vehicle at your disposal
- Accommodation as selected above
- Meals on the tour
- Bottled drinking water
- Park entrance fee
- Boat cruise fee
- Activity permits
- Cultural tour fees included
- International flight fares
- Visa fees
- Personal needs not indicated in the itinerary
- Additional activities not described in the itinerary