5 Days Rwanda Wildlife and Cultural tour
5 Days Rwanda Wildlife and Cultural tour is an amazing Rwanda Safari Package that travelers can book to take part in the amazing activities. This is a brief tour of the east and west side of Rwanda that is richest in the wildlife of Rwanda and also in the cultural aspect and depicts the life of the Rwandan people. This tour gives you the chance to visit the only wildlife park of the country and connect to the other side to visit the Musanze Caves famously known for the volcanic evidence in the area. Also, visit the famous Iby’iwachu Cultural centre where you get to experience the cultural dances and see the way the ancient Rwandan people survived. You also visit the Twin lakes Burera and Ruhondo.
Highlights of the 5 Days Rwanda Wildlife and Cultural tour
- Day 1: Pick up from Kigali and Transfer to Akagera National Park
- Day 2: Morning game drive and transfer back to Kigali
- Day 3: Leave Kigali and Transfer to Ruhengeri
- Day 4: Musanze caves Visit and cultural visit
- Day 5: Twin lakes visit and back to Kigali
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Pick up from Kigali and Transfer to Akagera National Park
- Transfer to Akagera National Park: Early morning by 7 am, you will be met by your driver-guide to brief and transfer you to Akagera National Park. This is a 2 to 3-hour drive from Kigali meaning you will arrive in time for lunch. This drive goes through people’s homesteads so you get a chance to see the Rwandan people go about their day. Akagera national park was named after River Akagera and has the wildlife of Rwanda and is the only park that you will see them in Rwanda.
- Boat Cruise: You will arrive at the park and connect straight for lunch then set out to enjoy the 1 hour scheduled boat trip on Lake Ihema where you will see the great birdlife, water animals like crocodiles, hippos wallowing at the shores or in the lake. Get off the boat and drive to check into your accommodation to spend a night anticipating for the next day and also have dinner at the hotel. You get to choose the most favorable hotel for your budget. Options are Akagera Game lodge, Karenge Bush Camp and Ruzizi Tented Camp.
Day 2: Morning Game drive and Transfer back to Kigali
- Morning Game drive: Wake up for this exciting day, have breakfast and check out of your accommodation as you won’t be returning and connect with your driver-guide to be at the park reception by 9 am for the morning game drive. The game drive around Akagera national park lasts about 5 hours for the half-day experience. Get to see the buffaloes, elephants, giraffes, rhinos, the lions all in one park. Enjoy the photo moments and after set out to exit the park to connect Kigali.
- Transfer back to Kigali: Have an enroute lunch and continue further southward to Kigali in time to check in to your accommodation and spend the evening resting in anticipation for the next few days of the 5 days Wildlife and cultural tour. Dinner and Kigali night stay at Des Mille Colline hotel.
Day 3: Leave Kigali and Transfer to Ruhengeri
- Transfer to Ruhengeri: You will be met by your driver-guide after breakfast or at the agreed time for your transfer to the Volcanoes national park. You will have an enroute visit to the Dian Fossey Fund Museum that depicts the Volcanic mountains and also has a photographic and 3D view of the Volcanoes National park including the home of Dian Fossey. You will have lunch in Musanze and continue to the park to check in to your accommodation in time for dinner and night stay at Gorilla Mountain View lodge.
Day 4: Musanze caves Visit and Cultural visit
- Musanze caves Visit: In the morning after you exquisite breakfast at the hotel, you will meet up with your driver-guide to drive to the Musanze caves for a visit. The Musanze caves are found in Volcanoes National Park. You will take on this tour for about 3 hours with a ranger guide who will provide all the information about the historical site and gladly respond to all your queries.
- Cultural visit: Drive back to your accommodation for lunch and rest. Later in the evening, you will connect to go visit the Iby’iwachu cultural centre and get to experience the cultural dances and see the way the ancient Rwandan people survived, how they cooked their food and the daily way of living. Leave and connect back to your accommodation before it gets dark in time for dinner and the second night at the hotel as the night before.
Day 5: Twin lakes visit and back to Kigali
- Twin lakes visit: This is another eventful day that will start with breakfast at your hotel then connect to visit the Twin lakes of Rwanda commonly known as Burera and Ruhondo. Twin Lakes Burera and Ruhondo are part of the Volcanoes National park attractions but are located near the Cyanika border of Uganda and Rwanda which are the outskirts of Musanze town. The twin lakes are famous for their breathtaking scenery with deep blue waters and 1km land separation.
- Departure: Connect back to Musanze for lunch and after drive further to Kigali for drop off at your hotel or the Kigali International Airport as you would have advised your driver-guide.
End of the 5 Days Rwanda Wildlife and Cultural tour
- Musanze Caves Visit
- Cultural village visit
- Twin lakes visit
- 4×4 safari vehicle and fuel
- Full-time English speaking driver guide
- Accommodation as described in the itinerary above
- Bottled water
- International flights
- Personal requirements like laundry, tips, alcoholic beverages, phone service.