10 Days Congo & Uganda Safari | Virunga Gorilla Trekking, Nyiragongo Hiking, Bwindi Impenetrable National park, Queen Elizabeth national park, and Kibale national park.
11 Days Congo & Uganda Safari is an ultimate Safari package that will take you to Congo’s Virunga National Park, Mount Nyiragongo, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Queen National Park and Kibale National Park in Uganda. Activities to expect include, Gorilla Trekking, Hiking mount Nyiragongo, Chimpanzee Trekking and Game Viewing Experiences like Game drives and Boat Cruises.
Highlights of the 11 Days Congo & Uganda Safari
- Day 1: Arrival & Transfer to Congo
- Day 2: Gorilla Trekking in Virunga
Day 3: Nyiragongo Hiking
- Day 4: Descend Nyiragongo & Proceed to Uganda
- Day 5: Gorilla Trekking experience and transfer to Buhoma
- Day 6: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park and Ishasha game drive
- Day 7: Game Drive and Boat cruise on Kazinga channel
- Day 8: Pick up and transfer to Kibale National Park
- Day 10: Chimpanzee habituation and Bigodi wetland Visit
- Day 11: Transfer to Kampala or Entebbe
- Day 1: Arrival & Transfer to Congo
Arrival & Transfer to Congo: On arrival in Kigali at Kigali International Airport, you will be picked up by our experienced driver-guide who will start the journey to cross the Congo Boarder. On crossing the Congo Boarder, you will proceed to Goma and check in to the Tourism office at the Grande Barriere Border to receive the Gorilla trekking Permit and the Nyiragongo Hiking permit. These Permits must be presented at the beginning of both treks. After receiving the permits, you will be transfered to Kibumba Tented camp where you will spend the night and have dinner.
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking in Virunga
- Gorilla Trekking in Virunga: On day 2 of the 10 days Congo & Uganda safari, you will wake up and have breakfast before the whole action starts. Report to the Bukima patrol post with your documents for a short briefing by the Virunga park rangers. This is the point where all the treks start. After the briefing head into the forest and search for the mountain gorilla guided by the Virunga rangers who are experienced. Gorilla trekking in Virunga National Park takes about 2-3 hours before you finally meet the gorillas and once you meet these endangered species, you will be given 1 hour to observe their behaviors, take photos and enjoy the experience, in there natural habitat. After the gorilla experience, head back to the camp and be sure to enjoy the rest of the day at leisure. Dinner and a goodnight rest at Bukima Tented Camp.
Day 3: Nyiragongo Hiking
- Nyiragongo Hiking: Wake up very early on day 3 and have breakfast. After breakfast, head to the Kibati Ranger Post by 8 am. You will meet your ranger guide who will brief you about the hiking experience and also don’t forget to hire a porter. Later go on to start the Nyiragongo Hike and it will take you about 6-7 hours to get to the summit where you will ha a view of the Lava Crater boiling. You will spend your night in the mount Nyiragongo summit shelters.
- Note: Please note that your Rwanda VISA will expire after crossing into Congo so you will apply for another immediately and you will find it ready on return.
Day 4: Descend Nyiragongo & Proceed to Uganda
- Descend Nyiragongo: Wake up early and start the descending back to Kibati ranger post which will take you about 4-5 hours and you will arrive at around 11:00 am.
- Proceed to Uganda: At this point, you will find the driver guide and you will embark on your journey to Uganda crossing through the Cyanika Border. You will spend the night and have dinner at Lake Mulehe Lodge.
Day 5: Gorilla Trekking experience and transfer to Buhoma
- Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi Forest: Wake up early and have breakfast before you are transfered to the park head quaters for briefing about the mountain gorilla trekking by the park rangers and guides. After you will be grouped in groups of 8 before you embark on the gorilla trekking experience. Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park usually takes about 3-8 hours before you meet the mountain gorillas. Once you meet them, you are entitled to spending one hour strictly as you observe and take photos. As you take photos and enjoy the gorilla experience, make sure you follow the gorilla trekking rules and regulations. After the 1 hour s, you will return to the starting point where you will meet your driver guide who will then take you to Buhoma Haven Lodge where you will spend the night as you prepare for the next day. Dinner will be served at the lodge.
Day 6: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park and Ishasha game drive
- Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park: Embark on your journey to Queen Elizabeth National Park after having breakfast early morning. Queen Elizabeth National Park is the second most visited National Parks in Uganda and is home to the famous tree-climbing lions.
- Game Drive, Ishasha Sector experience: On arriving after about 4 to 5 hours on road, you will pass by the Ishasha Sector where you will see the tree-climbing lions. After arriving in the park premises, you will enjoy a game drive as you spot out different wildlife species. After you will transfer to the lodge in the evening to Parkview Safari lodge for mid-range where you will have dinner, refreshing and some rest.
Day 7: Game Drive and Boat cruise on Kazinga channel
- Early Morning Game Drive: Wake up early morning and have breakfast before you embark on the amazing early morning Game Drive. On your game drive, you will see amazing animal species like African elephants, lions, buffalos, antelopes, impala, among others. Birds are also spotted in the park and on a good day, you will see the leopards. After the game drive, you will transfer back to the lodge to relax, refreshen and prepare for the Boat Cruise in the afternoon at 2 pm.
- Boat Cruise Experience: Head on for the boat cruise and at exactly 2 pm, you are expected to have boarded the boat. On your boat cruise along Kazinga Channel, you will see different animal species like the buffaloes, hippos, and crocodiles along the banks of the channel. Kazinga channel is famous for having the highest population of hippos in Uganda. After the boat cruise, you will transfer to the lodge where you will refresh, have dinner and rest as you wait for the next day.
Day 8: Transfer to Kibale National Park
- Transfer to Kibale National Park: Wake up early have breakfast and transfer to Kibale National Park one of the top primates destinations in the world that was nicknamed the Primates capital for having the highest population of chimpanzees. You will arrive in the afternoon and then you will tour Fort Portal as you enjoy the sights and sounds of the Crater Lakes and the Amabere Ga Nyina Mwiru. Later transfer to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay at Chimpanzee Guesthouse’s main house on a full board basis.
Day 9: Chimpanzee habituation and Bigodi wetland Visit
- Chimpanzee Habituation: Wake up early on day 9 of the 10 Days Congo & Uganda Safari. and transfer to the park headquaters with your packed lunch and water for a briefing as you prepare to go for the Chimpanzee Habituation tour. Later you will go with your ranger guide who will guide you as you trek through the forest. It will take 2-5 hours to find the chimpanzees and once you meet them you will be allowed 4 hours to spend within the presence of the chimpanzees as you observe their behaviour, take photos and learn more about the chimpanzees. After chimpanzee habituation process which is a full day activity, you will return to your lodge and spend the evening.
Day 10: Transfer to Kampala or Entebbe
- Transfer to Kampala or Entebbe: On the final day of the 10 Days Congo & Uganda Safari, you will transfer to Entebbe International Airport with a stopover for lunch on the way. This journey takes about 6-7 hours and you will arrive late evening and enjoy your dinner before you are dropped off at the airport to take your flight.
End of the 10 Days Congo & Uganda Safari
- Pick up and drop off
- Gorilla Permits
- 4X4 Safari vehicle and fuel
- Full-time English speaking Guide/Driver.
- All accommodation as indicated in the itinerary
- All meals at the lodge-breakfast-lunch-dinner
- Bottled drinking water while on safari
- Park entrance and boat cruise fees
- Air tickets.
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses such as telephone calls, email, laundry, beverages or meals not indicated in the itinerary, Portage and wait staff gratuity.
See also: 10 Days Congo Safari tour