3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking Safari
3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking Safari is one of the most booked Uganda Safari Packages that travelers book when they decide to go on a gorilla safari tour. This is a 3-day tour within one of the most exciting national parks in Uganda. Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is one of the most exciting national parks in Uganda and is home to the largest number of mountain gorillas in the world. You get the opportunity to view the silverbacks with their families in the wild.
Highlights of the 3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking Safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi Forest National Park
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking Experience
- Day 3: Departure
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi Forest National Park
- Transfer to Bwindi: Early morning, your driver-guide will come to your advised pick up location in Kampala to give you a brief of the 3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking Safari and set out on this 8 to the 9-hour journey. You will drive southwards of Uganda with the breathtaking scenic views of the countryside. You will have a break at the Equator for the photo moments and also have lunch and stretch a bit. Continue southwards to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Check into your accommodation and rest in preparation for the next day’s activity. Dinner and overnight will be at Mahogany Springs for luxury, Buhoma Haven Lodge for the midrange option and Buhoma Community Rest Camp for the budget option.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking Experience
- Gorilla trekking Experience: Have an early breakfast so as to be in time for the briefing before the gorilla trekking experience. Your driver-guide will pick you up in the morning from your hotel and transfer you to the specific trekking sector starting point for the 20 minutes brief. You will be told on the do’s and don’ts of the gorilla trek also be given room to check if you have all the necessities for the trek and if not, you may hire before you set out into the forest. You will also be allocated the group to trek according to your capabilities. You will hike through the impenetrable forest for about 4 to 6 hours depending on how far the mountain gorillas could be on that day.
- When you meet them, you will be allowed to spend one hour enjoying these humble yet strong creatures, watch them go about their day, take non-flash photos of them for the blogs and memories and after make your way out of the forest to meet your driver-guide to transfer you back to your accommodation for a late lunch. Spend the evening at leisure at your accommodation for the night before. Mahogany Springs for luxury, Buhoma Haven Lodge for the midrange option and Buhoma Community Rest Camp for the budget option.
Day 3: Departure and Transfer to Kampala
- Departure: Wake up in the cold Bwindi forest at leisure, get ready and connect for breakfast at your accommodation. Meet your driver-guide right after and check out of the hotel and leave the park for your transfer to Kampala. Arrive in Kampala city late in the evening for drop off or connect further to the Entebbe International Airport for drop off as you will advise your driver.
End of 4 days Bwindi Impenetrable forest national park gorilla trek safari