3 Days Kibale forest national park
3 Days Kibale forest national park: Take off 3 days to visit the chimpanzees of Uganda. Kibale forest national park is one of the best places to choose a chimpanzee visit among the chimpanzee destinations. Kibaale forest has more other primates in case you want to spend more days in the park. This package starts from Kampala to Kibaale via Mubende. You will also have some time off to visit the Bigodi wetland.
Trip Highlights of the 3 Days Kibale forest national park
- Road trip from Kampala to Kibaale forest national park
- Chimpanzee trek
- Bigodi swamp visit
Day 1: Kampala to Kibaale forest National park
- 4-hour drive to Kibaale forest national park: At your agreed meeting time and point in Kampala or Entebbe, you will meet you driver guide waiting and ready to welcome you and brief you upon the following days’ plan. Enter your 4WD safari vehicle and set out to Kibaale forest which is located in the western region of Uganda. You will have a stopover for refreshments, lunch and stretch abit before you connect to your hotel near the park. Your hotel options are Isunga lodge for the budget, Chimpanzee forest guest house for the midrange experience and the Kyaninga lodge for the luxury experience. Arrive at your hotel in the early evening hours, check in and get settled into your home for the next 2 nights. Dinner will be served and you will retire from the day.
Day 2: Morning Chimpanzee trek and afternoon Bigodi visit.
- Chimpanzee trek: Wake up so early to catch these early risers. Chimpanzee trekking in Kibaale starts as early as 6 am when the trekkers set into the forest. You will attend a brief pre-trek brief that is held before every trek. This is the time you get your ranger guides and porters. They will give a few hints and heads-up on the dos and don’ts and when ready enter the forest. You will trek for about 2 to 4 hours as you enter the chimpanzees swing from tree branch to tree branch. They are a bit playful so it would be better to enjoy the view than struggle for a perfect shot. Exit the park to connect back to your hotel for lunch. Relax and reminisce for a few hours.
- Bigodi visit: When the sun has cooled abit, your driver guide will be waiting to drive you to The Bigodi wetland. You will take on a guided nature walk that is a great choice for birders. The main eye catchers on this swamp are the Great blue turaco and papyrus gonelek among the 137 bird species that have been spotted on this wetland. Also spot a few butterfly species on the bigodi swamp. Drive back to your hotel before it gets dark and in time for dinner. Spend your second night at the hotel of choice as night before.
Day 3: Drive back to Kampala
- Road trip back to Kampala
- Road trip back to Kampala: Have a leisurely breakfast and set out to exit the park and embark on your 4 to 5 hour road transfer back to Kampala. You will have a brief stopover in Mubende to get a few souvenirs and continue further to Kampala or Entebbe as you will advise in time for drop off at your hotel or Entebbe international airport.
End of the 3 Days Kibale forest national park
- Full time English speaking and knowledgeable driver guide
- 4WD safari vehicle with fuel
- Accommodation as chosen in the itinerary
- Chimpanzee trekking permit
- Bigodi wetland visit
- Meals all trip
- Bottled drinking water
- International flights
- Ugandan visa
- Optional activities not in the itinerary
- Personal needs like airtime, laundry, alcoholic beverages and gratuities.