3 Days Kidepo Flying Safari
3 Days Kidepo Flying Safari is one of the few Uganda Safari tours that travelers can engage in when they don’t want to take a long time on the road. Spend less time on the road and more time in the wilderness visiting the Kidepo National park with the biggest numbers of wildlife in Uganda with this 3 days Kidepo flying safari. Kidepo national park is located in the northeastern part of Uganda covering 1,442 square kilometers of the Karamoja region.
Highlights of the 3 Days Kidepo Flying Safari
- Day 1: Fly from Kidepo National Park with afternoon game drive
- Day 2: Morning game drive and Hot springs visit in Kidepo Valley
- Day 3: Fly back to Entebbe
Day 1: Fly to Kidepo National Park with afternoon game drive
- Fly to Kidepo National Park: Upon your arrival at the Entebbe International airport, you will be met by an Aerolink representative to assist you to connect to your aircraft headed to Kidepo. This domestic flight only flies on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays setting off from Entebbe International Airport at 12:30 reaching Kidepo at the Apoka airfield about 2 hours later at 14:45. Get to see the lush green terrain of the region from the bird’s view. Please note to book this flight, it will have to be to full capacity or you will have to incur the extra charge for the extra seats.
- Afternoon Game Drive: Your driver-guide will be waiting to pick you up from the Apoka airfield to drive you to check into your hotel and have lunch. After lunch, you will set out for an afternoon game drive to enjoy the scaping of Kidepo National Park including the Narus valley where big numbers of game tend to converge like the herd of cape buffalos, Jackals, African elephants, Jackson’s hartebeest, and lions on good days. Drive back to your hotel to retire from the day and dinner at Kidepo savannah lodge for budget and mid-range accommodation or the luxurious Apoka lodge for luxury option.
Day 2: Morning Game drive and Hot springs visit in Kidepo Valley
- Morning Game drive: Get up early excited for this day and get to the dining area for an early breakfast at your hotel and meet your driver-guide to set out to the park again for a game drive and a second opportunity to see some of the game you may have missed the day before. Drive through the thrilling savannah plains of the Kidepo valley with the scenic hills viewed at a distance. Get to the Lotukei Mountains in the north close to the Sudan border.
- Hot springs visit in Kidepo Valley: Drive back to your accommodation for lunch and cool off a bit. Later in the afternoon, you will drive to the hot springs of the park, an area famously known to have the ostriches whose numbers are being threatened by poachers from South Sudan. After the Kidepo hot springs visit, you will drive back to your hotel for dinner and a second night stay in the park.
Day 3: Fly back to Entebbe
- Fly back to Entebbe: On the 3rd and last day of your safari, you will have breakfast at the hotel and check out to have the 3rd game drive in the park and reach the corners you may have missed out in the past days. After, you will have lunch and meet with your driver-guide to connect back to Entebbe. Your drive guide will drive you to Apoka airfield for your return flight that departs at 1500 hrs and lands at Entebbe airport at about 16 30 hrs and connect to your international flight out of the country.
End of the 3 Days Kidepo Flying Safari
- Domestic flight from Entebbe to Kidepo
- All ground transfers
- Park entrance fees
- Full-time English speaking guide
- Fueled vehicle
- Bottled water on the safari
- International flights
- Visa fees
- Personal effects like tips, laundry, alcoholic beverages, phone service