3 Days Mgahinga Gorilla Trekking Safari
3 Days Mgahinga Gorilla Trekking Safari: Take off 3 days to visit the mountain gorillas of Uganda in the Mgahinga National Park. Mgahinga forest is one of the best places to choose for a mountain gorilla trek visit among the mountain gorilla destinations. This package starts from Kigali to Bwindi and back. Cross from Rwanda to Uganda and reach your destination in 3 hours. This is a perfect routing for those interested in Uganda mountain gorillas and would prefer less time on the road.
Highlights of the 3 Days Mgahinga Gorilla Trekking Safari
- Road trip from Kigali to Mgahinga forest national park
- Mountain gorilla trek
- Kigali city tour
Day 1: Kigali to Mgahinga National park
- 3 to 4-hour drive to Mgahinga forest national park: At your agreed meeting time and point in Kigali, you will meet your driver guide waiting and ready to welcome you and brief you upon the following days’ plan. Enter your 4WD safari vehicle and set out to Mgahinga forest national park which is located in the south western region of Uganda. You will have a stopover for refreshments, lunch and stretch abit before you connect to your hotel near the park. Your hotel options are Travellers rest camp for the budget and the Mulehe safari lodge for midrange experience and Gahinga lodge for the luxury experience. Arrive at your hotel in the afternoon hours, check-in and get settled into your home for the next 2 nights. Dinner will be served and you will retire from the day.
Day 2: Mountain gorilla trek in Mgahinga forest National Park
- Trek mountain gorillas of Mgahinga forest National Park: Early morning you will have a cup of coffee and a snack before you drive to the park headquarters, grab your packed lunches and meet your driver guide who will connect you with your ranger guides and porters for the activity. Mountain gorilla trekking in Mgahinga forest National Park will require you to trek for about 2 to 6 hours in search of the mountain gorillas. When you meet them, you will spend the magical one hour in their home watching them how they spend their day. Get back to your hotel for the evening and if you are feeling energetic, you may go for a cultural tour by the local community and get back to your hotel before dinner time. Spend the night in the hotel as the night before.
Day 3: Connect back to Kigali
- Connect back to Kigali: Have breakfast and pack your bags to check out of your hotel. Meet your driver guide to embark on the 4 to 5 hour road transfer back to Kigali. You will drive to Kigali where you will have lunch and a brief Kigali city tour visiting the Kigali Genocide Memorial ground and the Kimironko market. Please note it will be an afternoon arrival so if you have an early flight, the complimentary city tour will not be possible.
End of the 3 Days Mgahinga Gorilla Trekking Safari
- Full time English speaking and knowledgeable driver guide
- 4WD safari vehicle with fuel
- Accommodation as chosen in the itinerary
- Mountain gorilla trekking permit
- Meals all trip
- Bottled drinking water
- International flights
- Visa fees
- Optional activities not in the itinerary
- Personal needs like airtime, laundry, alcoholic beverages, and gratuities.