4 Days Kibale & Queen Elizabeth Wildlife Safari
4 Days Kibale & Queen Elizabeth Wildlife Safari: Take off 4 days to visit the chimpanzees of Uganda and the wildlife found in the famous Queen Elizabeth National Park. Kibale forest is one of the best places to choose a chimpanzee visit among the chimpanzee destinations. Kibale forest National Park has more other primates in case you want to spend more days in the park. This package starts from Kampala to Kibaale via Mubende. You will also have some time off to visit the Bigodi wetland while in Kibale. Head south west to Kasese for one night and take part in the launch cruise on kazinga channel and a game drive in the queen Elizabeth np.
Trip Highlights 4 Days Kibale & Queen Elizabeth Wildlife Safari
- Road trip from Kampala to Kibaale forest national park
- Chimpanzee trek
- Bigodi swamp visit
- Game drive in Queen Elizabeth np
- Launch cruise on the Kazinga channel
Day 1: Kampala to Kibaale forest National park
- 4 hour drive to Kibaale forest national park: At your agreed meeting time and point in Kampala or Entebbe, you will meet you driver guide waiting and ready to welcome you and brief you upon the following days’ plan. Enter your 4WD safari vehicle and set out to Kibale forest National Park which is located in the western region of Uganda. You will have a stopover for refreshments, lunch and stretch abit before you connect to your hotel near the park. Your hotel options are Isunga lodge for the budget, Chimpanzee forest guest house for the midrange experience and the Kyaninga lodge for the luxury experience. Arrive at your hotel in the early evening hours, check in and get settled into your home for the next 2 nights. Dinner will be served and you will retire from the day.
Day 2: Morning Chimpanzee trek and afternoon Bigodi visit.
- Chimpanzee trekking: Wake up so early to catch these early risers. Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale National Park starts as early as 6 am when the trekkers set into the forest. You will attend a brief pre-trek brief that is held before every trek. This is the time you get your ranger guides and porters. They will give a few hints and heads-up on the dos and don’ts and when ready enter the forest. You will trek for about 2 to 4 hours as you enter the chimpanzees swing from tree branch to tree branch. They are a bit playful so it would be better to enjoy the view than a struggle for a perfect shot. Exit the park to connect back to your hotel for lunch. Relax and reminisce for a few hours.
- Bigodi visit: When the sun has cooled abit, your driver guide will be waiting to drive you to The Bigodi wetland. You will take on a guided nature walk that is a great choice for birders. The main eye catchers on this swamp are the Great blue turaco and papyrus gonelek among the 137 bird species that have been spotted on this wetland. Also spot a few butterfly species on the bigodi swamp. Drive back to your hotel before it gets dark and in time for dinner. Spend your second night at the hotel of choice as night before.
Day 3: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park and afternoon boat cruise
- 2 hour road transfer: In the morning after breakfast, you will get your bags and meet you driver guide ready to drive you to Kasese the home town of the known Queen Elizabeth National park. This is a 2 hour drive from Kibaale so you will arrive in time for lunch. Drive through the beautiful scenery of the Rwenzori mountain slopes and get to your hotel in the park. You will be welcomed with a cold glass of juice and connect for lunch.
- Afternoon launch cruise: Settle into your hotel and freshen up for you 2 hour boat trip on the Kazinga channel. This boat trip is a great viewing point for the birders. Get to see the hippos wallowing and basking at the shores and more of the aquatic life like the crocodiles and water birds. Watch the sunset and after return to your accommodation in time for dinner and spend a night in the park with sounds of the different wild lie heard from a distance.
Day 4: Morning game drive and drive back to Kampala
- Game drive in Queen Elizabeth national park: Have a very early breakfast and set out to have a drive through the park to see the early risers. You will dive for about 4 hours as you encounter the wildlife of Queen Elizabeth National Park like the hippos, antelopes like the Impalas, Uganda Kob, waterbucks, get to see the elephants, lions, buffaloes and leopards.
- Road trip back to Kampala: Exit the park and embark on your 6 to 7 hour road transfer back to Kampala. You will drive straight to Kampala or Entebbe with an enroute lunch as you will advise in time for drop off at your hotel or Entebbe international airport. Please note it will be a late evening arrival
- Full time English speaking and knowledgeable driver guide
- 4WD safari vehicle with fuel
- Accommodation as chosen in the itinerary
- Chimpanzee trekking permit
- Bigodi wetland visit
- Park entrance fee
- Boat cruise fee
- Meals all trip
- Bottled drinking water
- International flights
- Ugandan visa
- Optional activities not in the itinerary
- Personal needs like airtime, laundry, alcoholic beverages and gratuities.