4 Days Uganda Gorilla & Wildlife Safari
4 Days Uganda Gorilla & Wildlife Safari is one of the top Uganda Safari tour packages that a traveler can engage in when they embark on a Uganda Safari tour. This is a 4-day tour with two of the most exciting national parks in Uganda. You get the opportunity to view the silverbacks with their families also explore the wildlife that the Queen Elizabeth national park has to offer.
Highlights of the 4 Days Uganda Gorilla & Wildlife Safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
- Day 3: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park and launch cruise on Kazinga Channel.
- Day 4: Morning game drive and transfer back to Kampala
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park
- Transfer to Bwindi: On day 1 of the 4 Days Uganda Gorilla & Wildlife Safari in the early morning hours, your driver-guide will come to your advised pick up location in Kampala to give you a brief of the safari and set out on this 8 to the 9-hour journey. You will drive southwards of Uganda with the breathtaking scenic views of the countryside. You will have a break at the Equator for the photo moments and also have lunch and stretch a bit. Continue southwards to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park. Check into your accommodation and rest in preparation for the next day’s activity. Dinner and overnight will be at Mahogany Springs for luxury, Buhoma Haven Lodge for the midrange option and Buhoma Community Rest Camp for the budget option.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
- Gorilla trekking Experience: On day 2 of the 4 Days Uganda Gorilla & Wildlife Safari, have an early breakfast so as to be in time for the briefing before the gorilla trek. Your driver-guide will pick you up in the morning from your hotel and transfer you to the specific gorilla trekking sector starting point for the 20 minutes brief. You will be told on the do’s and don’ts of the gorilla trek also be given room to check if you have all the necessities for the trek and if not, you may hire before you set out into the forest. You will also be allocated the group to trek according to your capabilities. You will hike through the impenetrable forest for about 4 to 6 hours depending on how far the mountain gorillas could be on that day.
- When you meet them, you will be allowed to spend one hour enjoying these humble yet strong creatures, watch them go about their day, take nonflash photos of them for the blogs and memories and after making your way out of the forest to meet your driver-guide to transfer you back to your accommodation for a late lunch. Spend the evening at leisure at your accommodation for the night before. Mahogany Springs for luxury, Buhoma Haven Lodge for the midrange option and Buhoma Community Rest Camp for the budget option.
Day 3: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park and launch cruise on Kazinga Channel.
- Transfer to Queen: Rise up ready for a new and eventful day. Take your breakfast then connect to Queen Elizabeth National Park via the Ishasha sector. This sector is famously known for the tree-climbing lions which you may be able to see on a lucky drive through to connect to your accommodation. Reach in time for lunch and freshening up for the afternoon launch cruise on Kazinga Channel.
- Kazinga Channel Boat Cruise: The Kazinga channel is a great birding spot and this boat trip offers you the most to see the birds of Queen Elizabeth like the African fish eagle, the pink backed pelican and the famous shoe bill. You will also see some aquatic animals like the crocodiles, hippos to mention but a few. This launch cruise lasts 2 hours then you drive back to your accommodation to retire for the day. Dinner and overnight will be at Mweya Safari Lodge for luxury, Park View Safari cottages for midrange and Pumba Safari.
Day 4: Morning game drive and transfer back to Kampala
- Game Drive: On the final day of this 4 Days Uganda Gorilla & Wildlife Safari, we bring you the highlight of taking a 4-hour drive around the Queen Elizabeth National Park in search for the wildlife the park has to offer. On this drive, you will encounter, the different types of antelopes like the bush duikers, Impalas, waterbucks also you will see elephants, buffalos, warthogs and the tree-climbing lions of Queen Elizabeth National Park. Make your way out of the park, connect to your lodge to freshen up and connect back to Kampala. This will be a 5 to 6-hour drive which means you will reach Kampala for drop off in the evening.
End of 4 Days Uganda Gorilla & Wildlife Safari