5 Days Kidepo & Murchison Falls Flying Safari
5 Days Kidepo & Murchison Falls Flying Safari is one of the best wildlife safari options whereby a traveler gets to fly to Kidepo and Murchison falls for wildlife viewing. Spend less time on the road and more time in the wilderness visiting the Kidepo National park and Murchison Falls National Park with the biggest numbers of wildlife in Uganda with this 5 days Kidepo and Murchison Falls NP flying safari. Kidepo national park is located in the northeastern part of Uganda covering 1,442 square kilometers of the Karamoja region.
Highlights of the 5 Days Kidepo & Murchison Falls Flying Safari
- Day 1: Fly from Kidepo National Park with afternoon game drive
- Day 2: Morning game drive and Hot springs visit in Kidepo Valley
- Day 3: Full day drive to Murchison Falls NP from Kidepo NP.
- Day 4: Morning game drive and delta boat cruise
- Day 5: Drive back to Entebbe from Murchison
Description of the Safari
Day 1: Fly from Kidepo National Park with afternoon game drive
- Flight to Apoka airfield: Upon your arrival at the Entebbe International airport, you will be met by an Aerolink representative to assist you connect to your aircraft headed to Kidepo. This domestic flight only flies on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays setting off from Entebbe International Airport at 12:30 reaching Kidepo at the Apoka airfield about 2 hours later at 14:45. Get to see the lush green terrain of the region from the bird’s view. Please note to book this flight, it will have to be to full capacity or you will have to incur the extra charge for the extra seats.
- Lunch and afternoon game drive: Your driver guide will be waiting to pick you up from the Apoka airfield to drive you to check into your hotel and have lunch. After lunch, you will set out for an afternoon game drive to enjoy the scaping of Kidepo including the Narus valley where big numbers of game tend to converge like the herd of cape buffalos, Jackals, African elephants, Jackson’s hartebeest and lions on good days. Drive back to your hotel to retire from the day and have dinner at Kidepo savannah lodge for budget and midrange accommodation or the luxurious Apoka lodge for luxury option.
Day 2: Morning game drive and Hot springs visit in Kidepo Valley
- Morning game drive: Get up early excited for this day and get to the dining area for an early breakfast at your hotel and meet you driver guide to set out to the park again for a game drive and a second opportunity to see some of the game you may have missed the day before. Drive through the thrilling savannah plains of the Kidepo Valley National Park with the scenic hills viewed at a distance. Get to the Lotukei Mountains in the north close to the Sudan border.
- Lunch and Hotsprings visit: Drive back to your accommodation for lunch and cool off a bit. Later in the afternoon, you will drive to the hot springs of the park, an area famously known to have the ostriches whose numbers are being threatened by poachers from South Sudan. After the Kidepo hot springs visit, you will drive back to your hotel for dinner and a second night stay in the park.
Day 3: Full day drive to Murchison Falls NP from Kidepo NP.
- 5 to 6 hours drive to Murchison falls NP: After the heavy breakfast at your hotel, you will meet your driver guide to start on your journey from Kidepo National Park to Murchison falls National park via Gulu. This is a 5 to 6 hour transfer with an enroute lunch. Arrive in Murchison falls in the late evening hours for check in at your hotel for dinner and overnight. Hotel options are Twiga lodge for budget, Fort Murchison for midrange and Para safari lodge.
Day 4: Morning game drive and delta boat cruise
- Morning game drive: Wake up to an early breakfast at your hotel and meet your driver-guide after to take you into the park for a 3 to 5-hour game drive in search of the wildlife of the park. You will encounter the Rothschild giraffes, elephants, Uganda kobs, Impalas, lions all on your drive around Murchison falls N.P. Drive back to your hotel for lunch
- Delta boat cruise: Right after lunch and cooling off for a while, you will connect to the River Nile for the afternoon boat trip that lasts about 2 hours viewing the water animals like the crocodiles, the hippos and several birds enjoying the banks of the river. After the boat trip, drive back to your hotel before the night falls and have dinner. You will spend the second night at this accommodation in Murchison falls NP.
Day 5: Drive back to Entebbe from Murchison.
- Drive to Entebbe: After breakfast at your hotel, you will connect with your driver-guide to transfer you to Entebbe via the Karuma falls for your flight back home. The drive is about 4 to 5 hours so you will have an enroute lunch and continue to the drop off location as you will advise.
- Domestic flight from Entebbe to Kidepo
- All ground transfers
- Park entrance fees
- Full-time English speaking guide
- Fueled vehicle
- Bottled water on the safari
- International flights
- Visa fees
- Personal effects like tips, laundry, alcoholic beverages, phone service