5 Days Uganda Wildlife & Gorilla Safari
5 Days Uganda Wildlife & Gorilla Safari is one of the top Uganda Safari Packages where travelers get a chance to visit the biggest National Park in Uganda i.e. Murchison Falls National Park and experience wildlife in an amazing way and also get a chance to go gorilla trekking in Bwindi forest. This is a 5-day tour with two of the most exciting national parks in Uganda. You get the opportunity to view the silverbacks with their families in the wild along with the wildlife of Murchison Falls National Park.
Highlights of the 5 Days Uganda Wildlife & Gorilla Safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Murchison falls national park
- Day 2: Game drive and Boat cruise with an optional hike up the falls.
- Day 3: Domestic flight from Murchison falls NP to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park
- Day 4: Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable forest National Park.
- Day 5: Transfer to Kampala
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer to Murchison falls national park
- Transfer to Murchison falls: In the morning, you will meet up with your driver-guide to start your transfer from Kampala to Murchison Falls, Uganda’s largest and most engaging park with an enroute visit to Zziwa Rhino sanctuary for rhino tracking for about 2 to 3 hours. Have lunch at your accommodation the transfer for check into your accommodation. Dinner and overnight at Heritage Safari lodge for budget, Murchison River lodge for midrange and Para Safari Lodge for luxury.
Day 2: Game drive and Boat cruise with an optional hike up the falls.
- Game Drive: Have an early breakfast and set out into the park for a game drive in search of the wildlife of Murchison falls National Park. You will encounter lions, the Rothschild giraffes, buffaloes, wild beasts, antelopes like the Uganda kobs and Impalas to mention but a few.
- Boat Cruise: Connect for lunch then after set out for the boat trip on the Albert Nile where you will see several crocodiles, hippos, and bird species like the African fish eagle, cormorants, and the shoebill stork and later hike up the falls for the view from the top if interested. Connect back to your accommodation in time for dinner and overnight at night before at Heritage Safari lodge for budget, Murchison River lodge for midrange and Para Safari Lodge for luxury.
Day 3: Domestic flight from Murchison falls NP to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park
- Flight to Bwindi: Early morning, your driver-guide will pick you up from your hotel in Murchison and drive you to the airstrip to fly to Kihihi –Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Arrive in time for lunch Check into your accommodation, have lunch and rest in preparation for the next day’s activity. Dinner and overnight will be at Mahogany Springs for luxury, Buhoma Haven Lodge for the midrange option and Buhoma Community Rest Camp for the budget option.
Day 4: Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable forest National Park.
- Gorilla trekking Experience: Have an early breakfast so as to be in time for the briefing before the gorilla trekking experience. Your driver-guide will pick you up in the morning from your hotel and transfer you to the specific trekking sector starting point for the 20 minutes brief. You will be told on the do’s and don’ts of the gorilla trek also be given room to check if you have all the necessities for the trek and if not, you may hire before you set out into the forest. You will also be allocated the group to trek according to your capabilities. You will hike through the impenetrable forest for about 4 to 6 hours depending on how far the mountain gorillas could be on that day.
- When you meet them, you will be allowed to spend one hour enjoying these humble yet strong creatures, watch them go about their day, take non-flash photos of them for the blogs and memories and after make your way out of the forest to meet your driver-guide to transfer you back to your accommodation for a late lunch. Spend the evening at leisure at your accommodation for the night before. Mahogany Springs for luxury, Buhoma Haven Lodge for the midrange option and Buhoma Community Rest Camp for the budget option.
Day 5: Return to Kampala
- Return to Kampala: Wake up in the cold Bwindi forest at leisure, get ready and connect for breakfast at your accommodation. Meet your driver-guide right after and check out of the hotel and leave the park for your transfer to Kampala. Arrive in Kampala city late in the evening for drop off or connect further to the Entebbe International Airport for drop off as you will advise your driver.
End of 5 Days Uganda Wildlife & Gorilla Safari