5 Days Uganda Wildlife & Gorilla Trekking Safari
5 Days Uganda Wildlife & Gorilla Trekking Safari is one of the most interesting Uganda Safari Packages to book for wildlife experiences and gorilla trekking. Visit two of Uganda’s great national parks from Kigali Rwanda with this package. This package takes you to see the wildlife of Queen Elizabeth National Park and the mountain gorillas of Bwindi Impenetrable forest national park in 5 days with a Kigali city tour as well.
- Game drive
- Boat trip on Kazinga Channel
- Mountain gorilla trek
- Kigali city tour
Day 1: Arrive in Rwanda at the Kigali International Airport and cross into Uganda to Queen Elizabeth N.P
- Transfer to Queen Elizabeth: Early in the morning, you will meet with your driver-guide to starting this 5-day tour with a briefing and pleasantry exchange. You will take some time to purchase a few necessities then connect for the 5 to 6-hour transfer to Queen Elizabeth National park with an enroute lunch. Arrive in Queen Elizabeth NP in the evening hours in time for check in to your hotel and retire for the day. You will have dinner and an overnight at Mweya Safari lodge, Park View Safari Cottages and Pumba Cottages
Day 2: Game drive and afternoon launch cruise on Kazinga Channel
- Game drive and Launch cruise in Queen Elizabeth NP: Connect to the dining area for an early breakfast and head out to the park in search of the wildlife of the park including the several antelopes like the impalas, waterbucks, bushbucks then the larger animals like the elephants, buffalos, warthogs and the tree-climbing lions.
- Boat Cruise: Return to your hotel for lunch and refresh then later in the afternoon, set out for the afternoon launch cruise along the Kazinga Chanel and see the aquatic life of the park like the crocodiles, hippos wallowing at the shores of the lake. Drive back to your hotel to reminisce as you wait for dinner. Have a second-night stay at accommodation as the previous night.
Day 3: Connect to Bwindi Impenetrable forest National Park
- Drive to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park: Have a hot cup of coffee and check out of your accommodation. Drive via Ishasha sector of Queen which is famous for the tree-climbing lions which you could be lucky to see on the way some days. You will drive from Queen Elizabeth National Park to Bwindi Impenetrable forest for about 3 to 4 hours according to the sector your accommodation is. You will arrive in time for lunch at your Bwindi hotel. Have lunch and rest or take on an optional community visit or cultural tour if you are strong enough or interested in it. Make your way back to the hotel before it gets dark and in time for dinner. Spend a night in Bwindi forest, the home of the last remaining mountain gorillas in the world. Overnight stay will be at Gorilla Heights Lodge, Ichumbi Gorilla lodge.
Day 4: Mountain gorilla trek in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park
- Mountain gorilla trek: Rise up early by 6 am for a quick breakfast and drive to the park headquarters in time for the pre-trekking brief by the park rangers, hire a porter and walking stick and walk into the forest searching for the mountain gorillas. The time spent is usually around 3 to 6 hours according to how far into the forest the mountain gorillas are that day. Reach them and spend one hour around them at a 6-meter distance as they go about their daily day since these families are habituated to human presence. Maintain all protocol as suggested by the trackers an after exit the forest headed back to your hotel for a late lunch. Spend the evening at leisure.
- Have the last dinner in the Bwindi forest and rest for the day at your accommodation as night before.
Day 5: Cross back to Rwanda for flight back home
- Drive to Kigali: Have a leisurely morning and connect for breakfast in time and check out of the hotel and set out to cross back into Rwanda Kigali for the city tour visiting the Kimironko market, Arts museum and the Kigali Genocide Memorial Grounds. Have lunch and connect to the airport for your evening flight out or drop off at the hotel as you will advise.
End of the 5 Days Uganda Wildlife & Gorilla Trekking Safari
- Full-time 4×4 safari vehicle with Fuel
- Full-time English speaking and knowledgeable driver guide
- Accommodations as described in the itinerary
- Gorilla permits
- Park entry fees
- Boat trip on Kazinga Channel
- All meals
- Bottled water on transit.
- International Flights
- Personal needs on the trip like phone service, alcoholic beverages
- Anything else not mentioned in the trip or optional activities