6 Days Bwindi, Queen Elizabeth, and Lake Mburo Wildlife Safari
6 Days Bwindi, Queen Elizabeth, and Lake Mburo Wildlife Safari: This is a 6 day tour with three of the most exciting national parks in Uganda. You get the opportunity to view the silverbacks in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park with their families also explore the wildlife that the Queen Elizabeth national park and Lake Mburo National park has to offer.
Trip Highlights of the 6 Days Bwindi, Queen Elizabeth, and Lake Mburo Wildlife Safari
- Mountain gorilla trek
- Launch cruise on Kazinga channel
- Game drives
- Boat trip on Lake Mburo
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Pick up from Kampala and transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park
Pick up from Kampala and transfer to Bwindi: Early morning, your driver guide will come to your advised pick up location in Kampala to give you a brief of the safari and set out on this 8 to 9 hour journey. You will drive southwards of Uganda with the breathtaking scenic views of the countryside. You will have a break at the Equator for the photo moments and also have lunch and stretch abit. Continue southwards To Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park. Check into your accommodation and rest in preparation for the next day’s activity. Dinner and overnight will be at Mahogany Springs for luxury, Buhoma Haven Lodge for the midrange option and Buhoma Community Rest Camp for the budget option.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable forest National Park.
- Gorilla trekking in Bwindi: Have an early breakfast so as to be in time for the briefing before the gorilla trek. Your driver-guide will pick you up in the morning from your hotel and transfer you to the specific trekking sector starting point for the 20 minutes brief. You will be told on the do’s and don’ts of the gorilla trek also be given room to check if you have all the necessities for the trek and if not, you may hire before you set out into the forest. You will also be allocated the group to trek according to your capabilities. You will hike through the impenetrable forest for about 4 to 6 hours depending on how far the mountain gorillas could be on that day.
- When you meet them, you will be allowed to spend one hour enjoying these humble yet strong creatures, watch them go about their day, take non flash photos of them for the blogs and memories and after make your way out of the forest to meet your driver guide to transfer you back to your accommodation for a late lunch. Spend the evening at leisure at your accommodation of the night before. Mahogany Springs for luxury, Buhoma Haven Lodge for the midrange option and Buhoma Community Rest Camp for the budget option.
Day 3: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park and launch cruise on Kazinga Channel.
- Transfer to Queen Elizabeth: Rise up ready for a new and eventful day. Take your breakfast then connect to Queen Elizabeth National Park via Ishasha sector. This sector is famously known for the tree-climbing lions which you may be able to see on a lucky drive through to connect to your accommodation.
- Launch cruise: Reach in time for lunch and freshening up for the afternoon launch cruise on Kazinga Channel. The Kazinga channel is a great birding spot and this boat trip offers you the most to see the birds of Queen Elizabeth like the African fish eagle, the pink backed pelican, and the famous shoe bill. You will also see ome aquatic animals like the crocodiles, hippos to mention but a few. This launch cruise lasts 2 hours then you drive back to your accommodation to retire for the day. Dinner and overnight will be at Mweya Safari Lodge for luxury, Park View Safari cottages for midrange and Pumba Safari cottages for the budget.
Day 4: Morning game drive and transfer to Lake Mburo National Park.
- Morning game drive: On this 4th day of your safari, we bring you the highlight of taking a 4-hour drive around the Queen Elizabeth National Park in search for the wildlife the park has to offer. On this drive, you will encounter, the different types of antelopes like the bush duikers, Impalas, waterbucks also you will see elephants, buffalos, warthogs and the tree-climbing lions of Queen Elizabeth National Park. Make your way out of the park, connect to your lodge to freshen up and connect to Lake Mburo National Park.
- transfer to Lake Mburo National Park: Check into your accommodation for dinner and overnight at Eagle’s Nest Lodge for budget, Rwakobo Rock lodge for midrange, Arcadia cottages for luxury
Day 5: Full day In Lake Mburo National Park
- Full day In Lake Mburo National Park: Wake up for an early breakfast then set out for a morning game drive in this small but beautiful park. You may opt for a game drive or a walking safari with a guide from the park which gives you an up close and thrilling encounter with the animals of the park like antelopes, zebras and buffaloes. Return to your hotel for lunch and freshen up.
- Boat Cruise: In the evening, go for the boat trip on Lake Mburo which offers you the opportunity to see the lake which the park inherits and return your accommodation for dinner and overnight as night before at Eagle’s Nest Lodge for budget, Rwakobo Rock lodge for midrange, Arcadia cottages for luxury.
Day 6: Transfer back to Kampala
- Transfer back to Kampala: Have breakfast and set out to exit the park. Drive back to Kampala. This will be a 4 to 5 hour drive which means you will reach Kampala for drop off in the afternoon for drop off. You may have the equator experience on this day if it was not possible on the first day of transfer.
End of the 6 Days Bwindi, Queen Elizabeth, and Lake Mburo Wildlife Safari