7 Days Murchison Falls & Kidepo Wildlife Safari
7 Days Murchison Falls & Kidepo Wildlife Safari is an exclusive Uganda wildlife safari that a traveler can enjoy as they explore the best of wildlife. 7 days in the northern part of Uganda visiting the Kidepo National Park via the Murchison National Park. One of the best safari packages to book.
Highlights of the 7 Days Murchison Falls & Kidepo Wildlife Safari
- Day 1: Land at Entebbe International Airport and Transfer to Zziwa Rhino Sanctuary
- Day 2: Zziwa rhino trekking and connect to Murchison falls for evening game drive
- Day 3: Morning game drive, afternoon boat cruise & hike to the top of the falls
- Day 4: Connect to Kidepo Valley for an evening game drive.
- Day 5: Kidepo morning game drive and afternoon nature walk
- Day 6: Connect to Gulu
Day 1: Land at Entebbe International Airport and Transfer to Zziwa Rhino Sanctuary
- Zziwa Rhino sanctuary: Catch an early morning flight in landing at Entebbe International Airport and be met by your driver-guide for your 9-day safari to welcome you and give you a brief before you leave to start your journey. You will start your 4-hour transfer to Zziwa Rhino Sanctuary located in Nakasongola district. The Zziwa rhino sanctuary is strategically located near the famous Murchison Falls National Park. You will reach in time for check-in, refresh and connect for lunch.
- Shoebill visit: After lunch, if you are feeling energetic, you may take on an optional shoebill visit, or go for a community walk and return to your hotel in time for dinner. Have an early dinner and retire so as to wake up refreshed for the next day. The overnight will be at Amuka lodge
Day 2: Zziwa rhino trekking and connect to Murchison falls for evening game drive
- Rhino trekking: Have breakfast and drive to the sanctuary for the rhino trek to last about 2 to 3 hours. The Zziwa Rhino sanctuary is a private ranch accommodating 21 white rhinos funded by the Rhino fund international. Interact with the rhino’s caretakers and get an insight into the sanctuary.
- Evening Game Drive: Exit and have lunch at the Kabalega diner and drive further to the Murchison Falls NP in time for an evening game drive so see the wildlife of Murchison like the elephants, Rothschild giraffes, Uganda kobs and Impalas. Connect to your hotel in time for dinner and night stay. Hotel options for the night in Murchison are Twiga lodge for budget, Pakuba safari lodge for midrange and Para safari lodge for luxury.
Day 3: Morning game drive, afternoon boat cruise & hike to the top of the falls
- Game drive: After the tasty breakfast at your hotel, meet your driver-guide to set out to the park for an up to 5-hour game drive in the Murchison falls national park. Get to view the game of the park like the elephants, buffaloes, warthogs, lions, the Rothschild giraffes, Uganda kobs, Impalas, Hartebeest to mention but a few. Connect back to your hotel for lunch.
- Boat Cruise: After lunch and the sun cooling down, you will drive to the Nile for the afternoon launch cruise where you get to view the falls from the bottom this time. Feel the strength of the falls as you also see the water animals, for example, the crocodiles, hippos and the birds at the banks of the river like the cormorants, beater and the kingfisher to mention but a few. After the launch cruise, hike up to the top of the falls and find your driver guide waiting at the top to drive back to your hotel before it gets dark and in time for dinner and second night stay at the hotel as the night before.
Day 4: Connect to Kidepo Valley for an evening game drive.
- Evening Game Drive: On the 4th day of this 7 day Murchison falls and Kidepo National Park safari, you will wake up to a tasty breakfast and receiving your packed lunch boxes set out on your drive to the Kidepo Valley with the astonishing views through the plain Acholi land with a view of the Karamoja region. Arrive at the park at your accommodation before the gates close and check-in for dinner and night stay in the park. Hotel options are Kidepo savannah Lodge for midrange, Apoka safari lodge for the luxury option.
Day 5: Kidepo morning game drive and afternoon nature walk
- Morning game drive: Wake up with the Kidepo sun at your hotel and connect for an early breakfast at the hotel. Drive to the park for a game drive to enjoy the game the park has to offer like the elephants, the Cape buffaloes, Giraffes, lions, Jackson’s hartebeest, Kilspringer, jackals. The Game this park has to offer is in plenty and in breathtaking numbers on good days. Connect back to your hotel for lunch and cool off abit.
- Nature Walk: Later in the afternoon, an expert Kidepo safari guide will join you for your guided nature walk to discover a part of the park on foot and will provide you with his knowledge of the region’s ecosystem and some history. After drive back to whine down the day at your hotel with a sumptuous dinner and second-night stay.
Day 6: Connect to Gulu
- Drive to Gulu: The 6th day of the 7 Days Murchison Falls & Kidepo Wildlife Safari sees you exiting the Kidepo National park after breakfast headed to Gulu. You will drive southwards of Uganda with an enroute lunch. The drive from Kidepo to Gulu is a 5 to 6-hour connection. Arrive at your hotel in Gulu in the evening hours. Check-in, have dinner and rest at Churchill Court Hotel
Day 7: Drive back to Entebbe for your flight out.
- Transfer back to Entebbe: After an early breakfast, check out of your hotel and meet your driver-guide to transfer you back to Entebbe with an enroute in lunch in Masindi and stopover at Karuma falls and continue further to Entebbe for your drop off at the airport or other drop off location as advised.
End of the 7 Days Murchison Falls & Kidepo Wildlife Safari
- Pick up and drop off
- Full-time safari vehicle for ground transfers
- Meals Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with a soft drink
- Full time English speaking knowledgeable driver-guide
- Park entry fees
- Launch cruise fee
- Rhino trek permit
- Accommodation on all nights as described
- Meals all trip; Breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Bottled drinking water on the trip
- Visa fees
- Money transfer fees
- Optional activities not included in the itinerary
- Personal needs such as telephone calls, laundry, alcoholic beverages, tips.