3 Days Virunga Gorilla Trekking from Rwanda
3 Days Virunga Gorilla Trekking from Rwanda is an amazing Congo Gorilla Tour where you get to explore the wilderness as you trek the endangered mountain gorillas. This is a fun filled safari package that starts from Rwanda and ends in Rwanda.
Highlights of the 3 Days Virunga Gorilla Trekking from Rwanda
- Day 1: Transfer to Congo from Rwanda
- Day 2: Gorilla Trekking Experience
- Day 3: Return to Rwanda
Day 1: Pick up from Kigali before 8 am and transfer to Goma border
- Transfer to Congo from Rwanda: You will meet your driver-guide as early as 7:30 am to set out on this journey from Rwanda into the DRCongo from the Goma border. Here you will meet our representative from Congo who will be your guide on your visit to Virunga. You will check in with the Virunga tourism office at the Grande barrier border building where you will get your gorilla permits and join the Virunga security convoy that will transfer you to your accommodation at the park. Dinner and overnight will be at Kibumba tented Camp.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Virunga national park.
- Gorilla Trekking Experience: Wake up excited for this memorable experience and set out to the Bukima police post after breakfast. This is where most treks of Virunga start. You will set out into the Virunga forest the home of the Virunga gorillas and trek for about 1 and a half or two hours until you see a family of the mountain gorillas. Enjoy their company for a maximum of 1 hour and return to the camp for lunch.
- Community Tour: You will spend the rest of the evening at leisure either reminiscing or if you want a more engaging evening, you may take on a community visit or nature walk in the area and get back before dusk falls. Dinner and overnight will be as the night before.
Day 3: Depart Virunga and connect to Kigali.
- Return to Kigali: In the morning, you will join the convoy again and drive out of the Virunga national park towards the Goma Grande barrier border to check out and get a new Rwanda VISA. Drive for about four to five hours until you reach Kigali city.
- Kigali City Tour: You may have a city tour visiting any local market like the Kimironko market where you can get souvenirs and interact with the local people of the region and also visit the Genocide Memorial grounds if you are interested. Your driver-guide will drop you off at your advised location in Kigali.
End of the 3 Days Virunga Gorilla Trekking from Rwanda