5 Days Gorilla Trekking in Virunga from Uganda
Highlights of the 5 Days Gorilla Trekking in Virunga from Uganda
- Day 1: Transfer to Gisenyi Rwanda from Kampala
- Day 2: Transfer to Goma & Check-In at Kubumba Tented Camp
- Day 3: Gorilla Trekking in Virunga National Park
- Day 4: Return to Uganda
- Day 5:
Day 1: Pick up from Kampala Uganda and Transfer to Gisenyi Rwanda. (9 to10 hour’s drive)
- Transfer to Gisenyi-Rwanda: You will meet your driver-guide as early as 7 am to set out on this journey southwards of Uganda. This is a whole day transfer so you will have en-route lunch. You will enjoy the sightseeing in the countryside of Uganda, the lush green and hilly terrain. Cross the Uganda Rwanda border into Rwanda.
- Check-in at Lodge: You will arrive at your accommodation late evening to cool off from that long journey. Dinner and overnight will be at the accommodation of your range of accommodation.
Day 2: Transfer to Goma and connect to Kibumba Tented camp.
- Transfer to Goma: After breakfast at your accommodation, you will meet your driver-guide for your transfer from Rwanda into the DRCongo from the Goma border. Here you will meet our representative from Congo who will be your guide on your visit to Virunga. You will check in with the Virunga tourism office at the Grande barrier where you will get your gorilla permits and join the Virunga security convoy that will transfer you to your accommodation at the park. Dinner and overnight will be at Kibumba tented Camp.
Day 3: Gorilla trekking in Virunga national park.
- Gorilla Trekking Experience: On day 3 of the 5 Days Gorilla Trekking in Virunga from Uganda, Wake up excited for this memorable experience and set out to the Bukima police post after breakfast. This is where most treks of Virunga start. You will set out into the Virunga forest the home of the Virunga gorillas and trek for about 1 and a half or two hours until you see a family of the mountain gorillas. Enjoy their company for a maximum of 1 hour and return to the camp for lunch.
- Community Visit: You will spend the rest of the evening at leisure either reminiscing or if you want a more engaging evening, you may take on a community visit or nature walk in the area and get back before dusk falls. Dinner and overnight will be as the night before.
Day 4: Depart Virunga and connect back to Uganda.
Return to Kampala: In the morning, you will join the convoy again and drive out of the Virunga national park towards the Goma Grande barrier border to check out and get a new multiple entry visa for Uganda and Rwanda. Drive northwards crossing from Rwanda and into Uganda via the Cyanika border with enroute lunch. Drive to Mbarara and spend the night.
Day 5: Connect to Kampala.
Wake up to set out for the rest of your journey to Kampala the capital city of Uganda where you will be dropped off or at the Entebbe International Airport as you will advise. This is a 5-hour transfer so you will have lunch enroute and a brief city tour if time allows. You will then part ways with your driver-guide.
End of the 5 Days Gorilla Trekking in Virunga from Uganda