2 Days Jomba Community Camp Gorilla trek
2 days Jomba Community Camp Gorilla trek: This is a perfect Congo Safari tour for the adventurous gorilla lovers as it will require them to walk through a village to reach the destination. Yes! It is an on-foot safari. It is also a great pick for those with less time for a safari in Virunga but would love to trek the gorillas.
This package departs Goma on every day of the week only ensures to be at the Bunagana border in time for the boat departure to the island otherwise you will have to join the rest the next day.
Trip highlights of the 2 days Jomba Community Camp Gorilla trek
- 1 night in Jomba community camp
- Mountain gorilla trek
- Walkthrough Jomba community village land.
Day 1: Connect to Bunagana border of DRCongo and Uganda
- Cross to DRCongo for gorilla trek: You will meet by your driver-guide at your agreed pick up location and briefed on what to expect the next 2 days. Arrive at the Bunagana border and join the rest of the visitors and cross into the DRCongo on foot. You will walk through the Jomba community land to the Jomba ranger post where you will check-in and connect for a simple Congolese dinner prepared by the Congolese women at the camp. Spend the night in anticipation for the next day.
Day 2: Trekking Mountain gorillas in Virunga National Park
- Trek mountain gorillas in Virunga National Park: Every gorilla trek has a twist to it so wake up anticipating the twist that this day offers. Have a quick breakfast and connect to the park for the pre-trek brief. You are briefed before setting out to the forest. Get allocated which gorilla family to trek and incase of any special requests, this would be the time to communicate it. After your gorilla trek, you will connect with your guide and walk back through the community land from the park with the security team and be dropped off at the Bunagana border where you can then board the car to connect back to your advised location.
End of the 2 days Jomba Community Camp Gorilla trek
- Driver guide
- Full time fueled safari vehicle
- Accommodation as indicated in the itinerary
- Meals throughout the safari
- Boat trip to and fro
- DRCongo tourist visa
- International airfares
- Rwanda visa
- Personal needs like airtime, tips, laundry, alcoholic beverages, etc
- Any activity not included in this itinerary.