2 Days Tchegera Island Retreat
2 Days Tchegera Island Retreat: This is a perfect tour for the leisure travellers as it is basically a relaxing boat trip to an island. It is also a great pick for those with more time and has finished their safari in Virunga to relax and cool off. This package departs Goma on every day of the week only ensures to be at the Kituku port in time for the boat departure to the island otherwise you will have to join the rest the next day.
Trip highlights of the 2 Days Tchegera Island Retreat
- 1-hour boat trip
- Tchegera Island
- Nature walk
- Barbeque dinner
Day 1: Connect from Kigali/ Goma to Tchegera Island
- Boat trip to Goma: Depending on where you will have communicated to be picked up, your driver guide will be waiting to welcome you and drive you straight to the Kituku Port where the boat headed to the Island is stationed and where it docks. Board the boat with your entire luggage you may need for the night and enjoy the scenery enroute. Arrive at Tchegera Island in time for lunch. Be welcomed with a cold glass of juice and check into one of the 10 cottages on the island. After lunch, you may opt to spend the evening relaxing and enjoying the breeze or take on a guided nature walk on the virgin island as less activity happens here. Get back in time for dinner and a camp fire that is set up to keep you warm. Spend the night at Tchegera Island Camp.
Day 2: Leave Tchegera Island back to Kigali
- Boat trip back to Goma: The early bird catches the early worm so wake up in time to catch the sunrise. Enjoy your last moments at the Tchegera Island with a hot cup of coffee and board the boat that will cross you back to land. This is a 1 hour boat trip. You will choose you drop off location whether Goma or Kigali. If you have time, you may visit the Kimironko market in Kigali for souvenoirs and the Kigali Genocide memorial grounds for the history of the 1994 events.
End of the 2 Days Tchegera Island Retreat
- Driver guide
- Full time fueled safari vehicle
- Accommodation as indicated in the itinerary
- Meals throughout the safari
- Boat trip to and fro
- DRCongo tourist visa
- International air fares
- Rwanda visa
- Personal needs like airtime, tips, laundry, alcoholic beverages etc
- Any activity not included in this itinerary.