3 Days Congo Gorilla Trekking from Kigali
3 Days Congo Gorilla Trekking from Kigali is a short Congo Safari package that takes you to explore the amazing gorilla species in Virunga. Mountain gorilla trekking in the Democratic Republic of Congo is done in the Virunga national park, one of Africa’s oldest parks. This is a 3 day plan as offered by the park where one spends 2 nights in Kibumba tented camp or Bukima tented camp or Mikeno lodge as your range of accommodation may dictate.
Highlights of the 3 Days Congo Gorilla Trekking from Kigali safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Congo from Kigali
- Day 2: Gorilla Trekking in Virunga National Park
- Day 3: Return to Rwanda-Kigali
Day 1: Pick up from Kigali before 8 am and transfer to Rwanda-Congo border
- Transfer to Congo: You will meet your driver-guide as early as 7:30 am to set out on this journey from Rwanda into the DRCongo from the Goma Grande barrier border. Here you will meet our representative from Congo who will be your guide on your visit to Virunga.
- Check-In: You will check in with the DR Congo Virunga tourism office at the Grande barrier border building where you will get your gorilla trekking permits and join the Virunga security convoy that will transfer you to your accommodation at the park. Dinner and overnight will be at Kibumba tented Camp/ Bukima Tented Camp/ Mikeno lodge.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Gorilla Trekking: Wake up excited for this memorable experience and set out to the Bukima police post after breakfast. This is where most treks of Virunga start including the mountain gorilla treks of Congo. You will set out into the Virunga forest the home of the Congo mountain gorillas and trek for about 1 and a half or two hours until you see a family of the mountain gorillas. Enjoy their company for a maximum of 1 hour and return to the camp for lunch.
- Community Visit: You will spend the rest of the evening at leisure either reminiscing or if you want a more engaging evening, you may take on a community visit or nature walk in the area and get back before dusk falls. Dinner and overnight will be as the night before.
Day 3: Depart DR Congo and connect to Kigali.
- Return to Kigali: In the morning, you will join the convoy again and drive out of the Virunga national park towards the Congo Grande barrier border to check out and get a new Rwanda VISA. Drive for about four to five hours until you reach Kigali city. You may have a city tour visiting any local market like the Kimironko market where you can get souvenirs and interact with the local people of the region and also visit the Genocide Memorial grounds if you are interested. Your driver-guide will drop you off at your advised location in Kigali.
End of the 3 Days Congo Gorilla Trekking from Kigali
See also 3 Days Virunga Gorilla Trekking