4 Days Virunga Gorilla Trekking from Kampala
4 Days Virunga Gorilla Trekking from Kampala is a short tour to go gorilla trekking in Virunga National Park in Congo starting your trip in Kampala-Uganda. This is an amazing but short trip.
Highlights of the 4 Days Virunga Gorilla Trekking from Kampala
- Day 1: Pick Up and transfer to Gisenyi
- Day 2: Transfer to Goma then to Kibumba Tented Camp
- Day 3: Gorilla Trekking Experience
- Day 4: Return to Kampala
Day 1: Pick up from Kampala and Transfer to Gisenyi. (9 to10 hour’s drive)
- Transfer to Gisenyi: You will meet your driver-guide as early as 7 am to set out on this journey southwards of Uganda. This is a whole day transfer so you will have en-route lunch. You will enjoy the sightseeing in the countryside of Uganda, the lush green and hilly terrain. Cross the Uganda Rwanda border into Rwanda. You will arrive at your accommodation late evening to cool off from that long journey. Dinner and overnight will be at the accommodation of your range of accommodation.
Day 2: Transfer to Goma and connect to Kibumba Tented camp.
- Transfer to Goma and Transfer to Kibumba Tented Camp: After breakfast at your accommodation, you will meet your driver-guide for your transfer from Rwanda into the DRCongo from the Goma border. Here you will meet our representative from Congo who will be your guide on your visit to Virunga. You will check in with the Virunga tourism office at the Grande barrier where you will get your gorilla permits and join the Virunga security convoy that will transfer you to your accommodation at the park. Dinner and overnight will be at Kibumba tented Camp.
Day 3: Gorilla trekking in Virunga national park.
- Gorilla Trekking: On day 3 of the 4 Days Virunga Gorilla Trekking from Kampala tour, Wake up excited for this memorable experience and set out to the Bukima police post after breakfast. This is where most treks of Virunga start. You will set out into the Virunga forest the home of the Virunga gorillas and trek for about 1 and a half or two hours until you see a family of the mountain gorillas. Enjoy their company for a maximum of 1 hour and return to the camp for lunch.
- Community Tour: You will spend the rest of the evening at leisure either reminiscing or if you want a more engaging evening, you may take on a community visit or nature walk in the area and get back before dusk falls. Dinner and overnight will be as the night before.
Day 4: Depart Virunga and connect to Kigali.
- Transfer to Kigali: In the morning, you will join the convoy again and drive out of the Virunga national park towards the Goma Grande barrier border to check out and get a new Rwanda visa. Drive for about four to five hours until you reach Kigali city. You may have a city tour visiting any local market like the Kimironko market where you can get souvenirs and interact with the local people of the region and also visit the Genocide Memorial grounds if you are interested.
- Drop Off: Your driver-guide will drop you off at your advised location in Kigali.
End of the 4 Days Virunga Gorilla Trekking from Kampala