5 Days Ngila Classic without Nyiragongo package
5 Days Ngila Classic without Nyiragongo package: This is a perfect tour for the mountain gorilla lovers as you get to spend 3 days trekking the gorillas and also spend 3 magical nights in the new Ngila lodge and one night in Mikeno lodge. You also get to visit the Senkwekwe gorilla orphanage while at Mikeno lodge. Spend a total of 5 days in the Virunga national park of DRCongo. This package only departs Goma on Mondays and Wednesdays so ensure to make your travel plans in line with these days if you are taking it on.
Trip highlights of the 5 days Ngila Classic without Nyiragongo package
- 3 nights in Ngila lodge
- 1 night in Mikeno lodge
- 3 mountain gorilla treks in Virunga
Day 1: Arrive in Kigali by 8 am and transfer to Goma for departure
- Night in Ngila lodge: Your driver-guide will be ready to welcome you from the Kigali International airport or at your hotel in Kigali and will brief you what to expect for the next few days. The driver-guide will be a fluent English or French speaker so in case you need another language speaker, please advise. You will set off for your 5 hour cross from Kigali to Goma in time to check in with the Virunga tourism office for your Ngila classic package without the Nyiragongo package. You will avail of your yellow fever card and get your tourist visa and permits for the activities that you are booked for in the park and connect back with your driver to connect to the luxurious Ngila lodge. Check-in and have lunch and spend the evening relaxing on the terrace or your room. Dinner will be served and you will spend your first night here.
Day 2: First mountain gorilla trek in Virunga
- Mountain gorilla trek in Virunga: Wake up energetic for the new and exciting day. This is the day you go on your first gorilla trek in Virunga National Park. The ranger guides and porters will be waiting to meet you at the starting point of your mountain gorilla trek. Have the pre-trek briefing and set out into the forest. You will trek for about 2 to 4 hours before you encounter a family or group of gorillas at their home for the day. You will observe them and take as many photos as you can in the 1 hour you are allowed around the gorillas. The photography should be non-flash and no sound so as not to irritate or scare the gorillas. After the trek, you along with your driver guide will drive back to your hotel to rest and have lunch. The evening may be spent reminiscing or cooling off but if you are up for an optional activity that can be arranged with your driver-guide. Be at the dining area in time for dinner and after, return to your rooms as the night before.
Day 3: Second mountain gorilla trek in Virunga
- Mountain gorilla trekking in Virunga national park: Raise up ready for a new challenge with yesterdays’ activity. Grab your packed lunch packs and simple breakfast to keep you going as you trek and connect back to the trekking point. You get to trek a different gorilla family with a new group of people. Your ranger guides will lead you back into the forest in search of the mountain gorillas. You will encounter after a bit of trekking as they change homes every night. Spend the allotted one hour in the vicinity of the mountain gorillas and exit the forest led by the ranger guides. Ensure to always be close to your ranger guide and not be left far behind. You will have a barbeque dinner setting for this night and end the day with the third night at Ngila lodge.
Day 4: Third mountain gorilla trek in Virunga
- Trek mountain gorillas in Virunga National Park: Every gorilla trek has a twist to it so wake up anticipating the twist that this day offers. Have a quick breakfast and drive back to the park for the pre-trek brief. Yes! You are briefed before setting out to the forest. Get allocated which gorilla family to trek and incase of any special requests, this would be the time to communicate it. After your gorilla trek, you will connect with your driver guide and drive to the Mikeno lodge. The Mikeno is famously known for its luxury status and the Senkwekwe gorilla orphanage that is set up strategically in the compound of the lodge. This is where you will spend your evening. Dinner will be served and you will spend the first and only night in Mikeno lodge
Day 5: Transfer to back to Kigali for drop off
- Drive to Kigali or Goma: Enjoy your last moments in Virunga National park with a luxury Mikeno breakfast. Check out of your hotel and connect with your driver guide to drive out of the park. You will choose you drop off location. If you have time, you may visit the Kimironko market in Kigali for souvenoirs and the Kigali Genocide memorial grounds for the history of the 1994 events.
End of the 5 Days Ngila Classic without Nyiragongo package
- Driver guide
- Full time fueled safari vehicle
- Accommodation as indicated in the itinerary
- Meals throughout the safari
- 3 gorilla trekking permits
- DRCongo tourist visa
- International airfares
- Rwanda visa
- Personal needs like airtime, tips, laundry, alcoholic beverages etc
- Any activity not included in this itinerary.